My group, Razz Matazz, headed straight to the tower to $ down. It was such a hike and was kind of hard to get there. Once there our guide spoke with us about some things and took us to get our harness and helmet. Once we had theses we headed to inside the tower wall and did an activity to show is how yo put them on. Once they were on we started to climb the 160 stairs to the top of the tower. Once at the almost top he stopped to demonstrate what we were going to do while going down the castle tower wall. He then had all scarred delegates and leaders go to the front of the line to climb up the last flight of stairs.
I got up there and then started to freak out. I got harnessed up and climbed under the rope to the side where I needed to lean backwards and start walking down this tower wall. This was crazy! I asked the older gentlemen how high it was and he said it was 100feet high, 10 stories! I was like "are you crazy?" He finally talked me into going over the edge and I headed down the tier wall. I was so scarred. I even asked questions about weight limit or my head bring too big for the helmet to try getting out of it but nothing worked and I was walking down the wall.
I started out very slowly and gradually walked a little faster and even kind of jumped once. It was really pretty when you looked out because you could see do much. I did make it to the ground in one piece and it was an AWESOME experience that I was able to have in Assisi, Italy on June 28th, 2013!
After the tower wall we headed to the ice cream store and was taught how to order in Italian. I said I wanted a grande cono ciccolato. Gelato is do GOOD here, that is what the ice cream is called. We then played a game before heading to the field. In the field we started playing a game but then the rain came and we had to get back to the building.
The last really best group activity was breaking a board with our bare hands. This was hard, but inbred third try I finally got it and broke it. This was a great day and it will never be forgotten.

No comments:
Post a Comment