Called to His Purpose

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 (NKIV)

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome to 2011

Well this year has started out pretty good. Of course we are just starting day 2, but it has been good. Jarred and I brought in the New Year at Beef and Boards this year. In the past we had been doing things with family and friends or just sat at home a couple years doing nothing. This year we wanted to start out differently. We went to Beef and Boards for dinner and a theatre production. We had dinner before the show started. Then we saw the "25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" at Beef and Boards. It was hilarious and kept us laughing the whole time. Then after the show they set up for the orchestra to play and there was some singing and then couples were dancing. I did get Jarred on the dance floor a couple times. We put our ball room dancing lessons from college to use by doing some swing dancing. It was fun, but it was so hot with all those people on the dance floor. Then we watched the ball drop on the screens they had up. Once the ball dropped they had some more music and dancing. Finally around 1:00 or so we had a breakfast buffet. We finally left around 1:15am. It was a good time. Then on Jan. 1 we didn't really do to much. Jarred ended up staying home all day, but I went shopping with a gift card that I got from my parent's for Christmas. I was able to get a lot of new clothes.

This is our year! I believe that this year is going to be the year we finally get chosen for some kids. We are excited to start and know that things are going to happen in his time. It is hard to be patient, but I know that we must be in order for things to get done. We have another interview on January 4th and are excited about it. We know that these children may not be for us, but it's always worth a try and we know that some will be for us eventually.

This year we are also both in with the People to People Leader program. The trip that we are suppose to be leaders on are traveling to six different countries. I am excited about this and will hopefully be able to go. Right now we have about 30 students signed up, which means I will be traveling. If we get 10 more signed up then Jarred will be traveling also. However if we end up having some kids by that time then Jarred decided that he would rather stay home and have me travel. Since I will be traveling this summer I have to go through the process for my passport. I did this once when I was around 16, but of course my parents did most of it and now it is up to me to do it. Hopefully we will be leaving the end of June or beginning of July. This trip is a 20 day trip and I am excited about all the possibilities. Of course if I go I will be updating a bunch of pictures on my fb account so make sure you look for them.


HAPPY NEW YEAR Everyone! I hope everyone has started your year off great.

No comments:

Post a Comment