As all of you are well aware of, Jarred and I have been on the path to adoption. We have been through the up and downs and have been very discouraged. We have now been through four interviews. The first interview was the worst one because we were so nervous and it was a weird situation. The next three got better though. We knew what to expect and understood the process a little more each time. Just about every interview we went through was for boys. There were two that involved at least one girl, but normally they were boys. Our first interview was in October, the second one was in November, third in December, and the last one was today. The first three we were not chosen as the parents. I would get so discouraged and never understood why we were not being chosen. I thought we were a great family and very open to having children in our home. We were READY! For some reason GOD chose not to give us what we really wanted and had us waiting. Well today we had our interview for 2 little boys. They are very young, but very cute! We got home today around 4:10 from the interview. By 4:58 they called us and instead of hearing the news "sorry, but we chose another family" we finally got the goods news of "were glad you are still interested because we chose you." That was the best news ever.
Of course we are SUPER excited now, but also nervous. Everything about our lives are going to change with these two little boys in our family. However, we are ready for it and understand what has to happen. Our lives are going to revolve around these great two little boys. We are going to have the best family ever. I will keep you updated, but as of right now we are suppose to have them moved in with us by March 10th! Just one week after my birthday!!!!!!! What a great birthday present for me.
Daidra, again, congratulations to you and Jarred! I am so very happy for you both that your dream is coming true! Will you still be traveling with this people to people thing you mentioned in your previous blog posting? Where you mentioned getting your passports around? Or will that now be put on hold for a bit? At any rate, yes, your lives will now take on a whole new dimension, and a fantastic one at that! Your lives will change dramatically, but for the better, I can assure you. Having two sons, myself, has been THE most rewarding part of my entire life. I am so very proud of Chad and Travis. You will be just that proud of your young sons and it will be so fun for all of us to meet your little guys, when the time is right! So exciting, isn't it!? I know you'll be wonderful parents and remember "patience IS a virtue", as they say!! Your lives will be enriched beyond your wildest dreams!!
ReplyDeleteAgain, congratulations and my very best wishes! Can't wait to meet my new great-nephews!! ;-)
Love you all,
Kathy