Today Jarred and I got to see our "soon to be" boys again. The foster dad met us at our house today. He also brought some of their things with them. After showing them the house and talking a while we left and headed to a bowling alley. The boys are 2 and 3 but have never been to a bowling alley before. This was something we thought would be fun and exciting to do for the first time with them. All five of use get ready, Jarred and I decide to take turns with the boys to bowl. I went first with the older boy and it was so funny. He was excited from the time we walked in because of all the balls that he saw in the bowling alley. We went up there and rolled the ball. It was fun to watch them roll the ball down the lane and see what they got. Neither of the two boys were remotely interested in the pins, but rather in rolling the ball down the lane. Each boy tried running down the lane at least once. Jarred and I were able to catch them before they got too far so that was luck. I went up to bowl with the younger boy once and let him try by himself. He pushed the ball and it just got stuck on the lane. It kept rolling back and forth and then finally stopped in the center, one of the workers had to come out and get the ball off the lane. From then on I tried to help him push it down the lane so that it wouldn't get stuck.
After bowling we went to eat at McDonald's. Of course being so young they love McDonald's. We had fun just being with the boys and the foster dad. The foster family that they are with are great and we really enjoy being with them. So far the time we have spent with the boys have been great. I can't wait to spend MORE time with them or even for them to move in with us. Jarred and I are already attached to them a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment