Called to His Purpose

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 (NKIV)

Friday, July 18, 2014

What's going on?

Well I went for my MRI on Thursday July 17th at 6:45. I got in there and was able to get in a little before I should have. Once in he room I noticed how small the machine was. Oh my goodness! MRI machines are so small. I wouldn't consider myself claustrophobic at all but this machine was smaller than I thought it would be. I had an MRI at Whitham but the machine was bigger plus I wasn't head first in the machine. This time I had to go head first and stay in it for up to 30 mins. It was so loud and even though I had headphones on I could hear the machine over the music. I counted the time by the songs that played. I knew that I would have to listen to 10-15 songs before I would be done. I counted each song and left my eyes closed. It was crazy. When I would open my eyes the machine was just so close to me and I couldn't move at all. The technician said that the results take a couple days so I am hoping that they call me no later than Tuesday July 22nd. 

I didn't get a call from them and had to wait until Monday July 29th for my appointment. I went in and had to get more X-rays. After getting X-rays I went in to see the doctor. Dr. Berrios said that the MRI showed a fracture on the rotator cuff and possibly a small tear on one of the ligaments. He said that since the tear isn't very big he expects it to heal on its own. The fracture is a 4-6 week healing process where I basically just have to wear a sling whenever I leave the house. After the six weeks I have to go to therapy to get the movement back in my shoulder area. 

I was given some exercises to do between now and the time it fully heals, but I can't raise it out, only forward. I go back on August 18th for my 5 week checkup.


No comments:

Post a Comment