We are now reaching the last leg of our vacation. Today was the day we left Iowa and drove another 5 hours so that I could see the Wizard of Oz Museum and so the kids could see it also. I was there about 4 years ago when Jarred and I went to California with my parents, but I love the movie and wanted to see it again. The kids have seen the movie and I knew they would like it so we added it to our trip.
On our drive to the museum we had the kids watch the movie so that they could remember what it was about and what happened. They talked about it on the way and at rest stops. Then once we reached the museum and went inside they seemed to be just as excited as I was. We went through the museum and they wanted pictures with every character from the movie that they saw had a certain area in the museum. It started with Devin asking me to take his picture in front of Dorothy and Toto and from there they got a picture with every scence from the movie. They talked about as much as I do about it and really enjoyed seeing some of the artifacts behind the glass. I think their favorite character seemed to be the Lion. He looks so real! We also went through the forest and the kids thought it was a little scary, especially when you see the Wicked Witch! Towards the end of the museum they now have a balloon that you can stand in and get a picture inside the basket part. It was pretty neat and all of the kids got their picture taken inside together. I think the museum was a HUGE success!
We then left Wamego, Kansas and headed for Pittsburg, Kansas so that we could eat at Chicken Annie's and Chicken Mary's. These two chicken places were showcased on the show Food Wars (i think that's what it was called). We got family meals from each and decided to take it to the hotel and eat it for dinner. They have some GREAT chicken and side dishes. I think we are divided on who's taste better, but honestly it doesn't matter because both were really good!
No comments:
Post a Comment