Well, we got the boys Friday around 4:00. Since we didn't end up having school because of all the snow we got Jarred and I ran some errands before they showed up. We spent some of the wonderful gift cards that people from school got us for the boys. This helped us buy items that we really needed for the boys and thought we should get before they got here. When we got home Jarred and I started going through the toys and clothes that the foster family have been bringing us since visit number one. We got what we had separated and put into their rooms in baskets. This made our front room look so much nicer.
When they got here we got to play for a while with all the toys they have downstairs. With the shower that we had a week ago the boys got so much that they love playing and are entertained for hours. This is nice because I was able to start dinner then. We had scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, and waffles. This is one of the boys favorite meals. After dinner we played a little longer and then it was time for a bath. The bath is always fun. The boys like to play with the bath toys that mama got them. There are a few toys that mama got that they are still a little to young for, but we try them out each time they take a bath. I was so glad that there wasn't a poop accident this time!!!! After the bath the boys got ready for bed. Before bed we let them watch a Thomas show. The boys were in bed and asleep by 9:00. Shortly after that Jarred went to bed and I watched a few of my shows that were recorded. I then went to bed also.
At 4:19 in the morning I was awaken by the younger boy crying. I went to his room and rubbed is belly for about five minutes before he went right back to sleep. I then went back to bed also. The boys were up for good around 7:30. Jarred and I had a lot to get ready because we were heading to Anderson for my mom and dads surprise anniversary party. It took us about 2 hours to get everything ready and for us to finally be on the road. From the time we left, 9:30, to the time we got to Anderson, 10:45, my dad called us four times to see where we were. He was so anxious to spend more time with the boys. We arrived at mom and dad's house around 10:45 and had lunch. The boys really love sausage so papa cooked them some. After lunch it was nap time and the younger boy went right to sleep, but the older one didn't want to sleep at all. He was in a bad mood almost all day and probably spent more time in time out then actually playing. Around 4:30 I left to go to my aunt's house to start getting the food ready for the party. Around 6:00 everyone started showing up and she had a houseful. At 6:30 my parents showed up and my mom was really surprised. Previously in the day my sister and I had to tell dad because he had to help us get some things to take to my aunts. It was a lot of fun and of course the boys loved it. They got to meet my aunt and uncle and many other people also. There were a whole bunch of cousins to play with also. Jarred and I finally left to give the boys a bath and put them to bed. Then it was time for us to go to bed.
The older boy woke up at 6:30. That is soooo early! Jarred was up with him for a while and then my dad got up. The younger boy woke up around 7:15. My dad was up by then so Jarred and I got to lay back down for a couple hours and the boys spent some quality time with papa. They love him so much! The boys ran in the room and woke us up around 9:15. We then played with the cars and they played with my dad. They really like to wear other peoples shoes, it is especially funny when they wear my dads shoes. He wears a size 13 or 14. They look like they have clown feet one! The boys both fell asleep around 10:45 for a nap. They were so tired. When they got up we had sausage gravy for lunch, played a little, and then got ready to leave. Jarred was packing the care when he noticed that we had a flat tire. Dad had to change our tire before we left to take the boys back to the foster home. After dropping the boys off at home Jarred and I were finally able to make it home to do school work and of course for me to write this blog. We had a great weekend!
I am SO glad that this is the last weekend we have to worry about taking the boys back to the foster family. On Friday they move in with us for good and we are so excited. It is especially exciting for me because that is just one day before my BIRTHDAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment