Well this weekend has been very crazy. Friday started out with us going back to school for the first time since Monday. We had so much snow that we were out Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and had a 2 hour delay on Friday. That totally messed up all my teaching plans and I am sure others also, but that's okay. After school was over Jarred and I stayed because we had a basketball game that I was working. We got home around 9 or so and watched some television.
Finally it was Saturday morning and we got up around 6:30 so that we could leave to meet the foster parents and pick up the boys. We picked the boys up at 9:00 and then headed home. On our way home we were talking with the older boy. One thing we also ask is what our names are. He can say Jarred really well and always wants to go to "Jarred's House", but he doesn't say Daidra very much. Because of that we have started asking what our names are. On the way home he called Jarred by name, but when we asked him what my name was he said "mommy Jarred." It was so funny! He called us "mommy" and "daddy" a couple times this weekend and it was neat to hear that. Once we got home we played with them a little bit. Then around 11:00 we fed the boys a snack. They weren't really tired so they didn't take a nap. Instead we headed to the basketball game at Frankfort that Jarred was working. It had been snowing so it took us almost 45 minutes to get back to Frankfort. This was the first time that I had to take the boys anywhere by myself. I parked the car and got the boys out and was finally on my way up to the doors. This took me about 10 minutes longer than it normally would. The snow was so deep that the older boy could probably have disappeared in it. Once we were inside the boys were super excited about seeing a basketball game. We started walking in and on our way to sit down the younger boy tripped over wires on the floor, but we finally made it to our seats. After sitting down the boys were very interested in where the ball was and what the boys playing were doing. The older boy kept saying "go basketball game" and "watch basketball game." It was funny because we were watching the game already! During basketball games you have the referees who blow the whistles and you have the timer who pushes the button for the horn, both of these were the boys favorite people. When the horn or whistle would go off one of the boys seemed amazed and asked "again, again". It was funny! We split our time between the big game and the game Jarred was working.
Around 2:30 the games were over and we headed home. At this time the boys were both tired because they didn't really sleep much earlier. That means that they fell asleep on the way home. When we got home we gave the boys a snack and then played. Around 5:00 I started dinner and we got a call from Landis, a teacher at school, about watching her two boys. After dinner I took both boys up to get them ready to take a bath. This was a good thing because we had our first "explosion" with the younger boy. He had stuff running all the way down his leg and all over the place. IT WAS DISGUSTING!!!! While I was getting him cleaned off I had bath water running for the older boy to get in. Then when the little boy was clean he was able to get in the bath water. Now I was able to let them choose a coloring changing tab. They chose blue so we put this in their water and after about 3 minutes they had blue water. They thought this was really cool. They really liked our "big floor tub" and loved playing with the cups in the water. While I was giving them a bath Landis brought her boys over and Jarred entertained them. Once the baths were over the older boy asked "can we see our friends?" We went downstairs and they played with the other boys. Around 8:00 we were putting the younger boy to bed when the older one started climbing up the stairs. When I asked what he was doing he said "I'm tired I'm going to bed." This was great because the boys were REALLY easy to put to bed. They slept in their own rooms with the doors shut and within about 5 minutes they were asleep. Jarred and I stayed downstairs with the other boys until Landis came to pick them up. Those boys were very good and it was great to have other kids around with ours.
This morning we got up around 8:00. We didn't know how long it would take us to get ready now that we had two extra people to get ready also. Jarred got up and took a shower, then I got up. We checked on the boys and they were already awake in their rooms just walking around. We took them to our room, changed their diapers, and started getting them dressed. I then started breakfast! They ate scrambled eggs and sausage. Man, can these boys eat! Once breakfast was over we finished getting them ready and then left for church. I was one of the volunteers in the nursery today so I was with the boys all morning. They loved playing with the train set that we have the especially the buses. After church we went home and ate lunch. Right after lunch they went down for a nap. The younger boy had to be changed again because of his "explosions" and then I had to lay down with him in our bed to get him to take a nap. After about 10 minutes he fell asleep. While I was trying to get him to sleep Jarred was getting everything ready to take them back to the other house. Around 3:00 Jarred drove them home.
This weekend was a lot of fun! We both enjoyed having the boys around and are really learning about how it is going to be to raise two boys that are so close in age. My mom and dad were going to come meet them, but with the weather they were unable to make it. Next weekend we will get them on Friday and have them until Sunday. It won't be long now and they will be with us FULL TIME! We are very excited, but nervous.
Looking forward to every minute with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment