Called to His Purpose

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 (NKIV)

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

First Full Weekend

Well on Friday night, February 11, Jarred drove to pick up the boys. This was going to be our fist time having the boys for the entire weekend and we were both excited. I had a sectional game to work so Jarred had to go by himself. After picking up the boys he came back to school to watch the basketball game. It was interesting watching him with these two little boys and trying to get them to pay attention. I could see them upstairs climbing and running around all over. I left the gym at half time and was able to spend some time with them. Once we left the game the boys were put to bed.

On Saturday we got up around 8. I cooked breakfast, eggs, waffles, and ham. The boys love to eat and especially eggs. After eating breakfast we played with the boys for a while and then we watched some dvds. We put the boys down for an early nap because we decided to take them to the Children's Museum, so around 1 we got them up to get ready to leave. We arrived at the Children's Museum around 2:00. The boys really liked going to see the dinosaurs and the trains. They loved both and they kept asking to go back. We got home around 4:30 and I started dinner shortly after that. While I was making dinner I put together a plastic train track that they brought with them. This entertained them for a while and it was great to see them so interested in the train set. By the time the spaghetti was over my parents, little sister, and friend Vinny were here. They came for the first time to meet the boys. It was fun to see how they interacted with the boys and how the boys interacted with them.  The boys did call them grandma and grandpa, but wouldn't say Aunt for my sister. Instead they just called her Devoney.

On Sunday we got up to go to church in the morning. When church was over we had a Valentine Lunch that we stayed for. This was fun! The boys got to listen to music and interact a lot more with some of our friends. Since we stayed at church for so long both of the boys were really tired by the time we got home and went straight to bed for their nap. They didn't wake up until around 3:30, so around 4 or so we headed out to take them home. On the way we stopped at WalMart to buy a few things and then took them to dinner at McDonalds. It was great to be out with the boys. We finally took them back to the foster home and stayed for about an hour asking questions and getting more information from them about the boys.

We  have had fun every time we have them. We are looking forward to having them for good. We set the official move in date as March 4th! We are excited about this and are ready for it also. Yesterday, Monday Feb 14, the foster mom called me to tell me what "my son" did at the dinner table. She said that he picked up his plate and licked it. She asked him why he did this and his response was "well Devoney did it." That is my little sister who was here with them for a while on Saturday. I called her once I got off the phone and she said she never actually licked her plate while she was here. It was still really funny. For the first time yesterday I referred to the boys as "my kids." I caught myself after I did that and it was kind of strange to think of these two little boys being "ours." I can't wait until we are the ones that the boys go to when they get hurt or want advice. I'm looking forward to seeing them grow up and mature.

1 comment:

  1. The boys became part of our family as soon as we heard that you and Jarred were going to get them. We love the boys so much already!!! We can't wait to spoil them! U forgot to tell them about the blankets...lol o yeah u put liked instead of licked....lol Can I print your journal out? We love you guys! Take care, so you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete