Well the boys came to move in with us today. The foster mom brought them to us and met me at school in the parking lot. From there we went to the daycare that we are going to use for the remainder of this year. The boys got to see which room they would be in, the younger one even got to meet some of his teachers. It was great for them to see where they would be. Of course they are excited about going to daycare already. They loved going to daycare in their foster home.
When we left the daycare we drove back home in order to unload the last of their stuff. Luckily they didn't have to much because we had been bringing stuff back with us or the foster parents had be bringing stuff when they brought them to us. I didn't know how the foster mom would react, but she seemed to be alright and was glad to be leaving them with us full time. She was excited that they were starting their new lives and at a place where they can finally call "home." Most of us don't really know what that would feel like, never really having a home, but these boys I am sure do.
Jarred and I then buckled the boys in and headed back to school. I had a sectional basketball game to work so he and the boys were going to watch the game. They didn't stay to long and the boys were already to go home because they were tired. By the time I got home they were in bed.
We started a tradition today to remember the time that they moved in with us. We took them to their favorite restaurant to eat. Can you guess what it was.......? We plan on doing this every March 4th from now on. The day before my BIRTHDAY!
It's just so wonderfully amazing this new journey that your family is on!
ReplyDelete....and....McDonald's???