Called to His Purpose
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 (NKIV)
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Been a While
Well it has been quite a while since I have updated the blog. Jarred and I have been pretty busy lately. Basketball games have started so I have been working those and Jarred has been selling stuff for our Best Buddies fundraiser at each game. Jarred and I have also finished our first group project and our first master's paper. The first class that we are taking will be officially over January 15. It is exciting that we will be through our first class.
On December 16th, Jarred and I had an interview for a little girl. We felt that the interview went along great and was very comfortable in it. However on Friday we got a call and they chose a different family. This is the second interview we have had and still haven't been chosen. Sometimes I am sure it takes a lot of them before they do choose a new family like us for the kids. We are still looking and trying our best. We are very interested in a lot of kids and know that there is a family out there for us somewhere.
On the 16th I also had an eye examination. This was something I wanted because I have had headaches and blurry vision lately. So I went to the eye examination and the doctor said I needed to get glasses. The prescription for my glasses are some minor and I don't have to wear them much at all. It is so weird to have them on, but they have helped a lot.
So Christmas is coming so quickly and we have lots to get done and going. We are leaving after the games on the 23rd to head to my grandpa's. This has become a tradition since we lived there. We go and play cards and wake up there on the 24th to watch my grandpa open his gifts. Then Jarred and I leave to head to the Jagger Christmas Eve party at Aunt Cheryl's. Then we go back to Jim and Jayne's house where we wake up Christmas Day. This year, just like last year, we will get up and drive to Jason and Amy's house to open Christmas gifts. After gifts are open Jarred and I will say goodbye so that we can drive to my parents house to open more Christmas gifts. We will stay at my parents house and then we will come home the 26th or 27th. This is such a crazy time of year. We have decided that once we have kids we are not going to travel as much because we want our kids to wake up at home on Christmas Day.
I believe I have updated you on everything now. Hopefully I will remember to do it again soon!
Daidra
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for your update, Daidra!! Looking forward to seeing you and Jarred on Christmas Eve at Cheryl's! Hope the holidays are happy for you both and that the New Year brings some very special little boy or girl into your life!! It will happen, just try to be patient and know that there is a perfect choice for you awaiting!!
ReplyDeleteMy love to you both!
Kathy <3