Called to His Purpose

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 (NKIV)

Friday, May 31, 2013

Summer Break 2013!

It's so crazy, but summer break is here! It seems like we just started the 2012-2013 school year, but yet we are done. I have one student who is leaving me this year and he is going to be missed greatly.

The graduation ceremony for all of the students is June 1st starting at 10am. I am so excited to see this class of student graduate. There are so many fabulous students that people are going to miss. CONGRATULATIONS to all who are GRADUATING!

Jarred and I started off our summer break going for a date night. My parents have our kids because they kept them for the teacher day that we had to attend. We went off and ate dinner out at Chili's (my first time eating there) and then went to see a movie, The Great Gatsby. It was great to have that time together to enjoy our first day!

Now that summer has begun we have a lot that we would like to do before heading back to school in August. Some of the things we would like to do include taking the kids to the Indianapolis Zoo, Columbian Park Zoo, Children's Museum, Conner Prairie, and possibly going to Chicago for a quick vacation trip. We are also planning on going to Kings Island with my family sometime this summer. That will be interesting and a lot of fun!

I leave on June 24th and will be heading to Italy, France, and Spain for almost three months. I am exciting for this new journey of mine. I have a great group of 6 students that will be going over with me. They are all high school students from around Indiana. We will be meeting up with three other delegations!

Summer has begun and I am ready for everything that is ahead! I am sitting here writing this because of the stupid storm that woke me up at 1:55am! Maybe sleep will come soon. More to come later this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment