Called to His Purpose

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 (NKIV)

Monday, July 25, 2011

It's been a while

Where do I start.....

It has been a long time since I actually posted something on this blog. I started it thinking that I would be able to post at least once a month but that hasn't been the case. The last time I posted anything was on April 30 and a lot has happened since then.

Jarred and I met with a lawyer towards the middle of May to start the adoption process. The lawyer was really nice but so far nothing that we know of has been done. I emailed him and am hoping that things will speed up soon.

On June 19 Jarred and I took the boys, with my parents and Christina, to the Day Out With Thomas in Connersville, IN. The boys had so much fun and enjoyed the time they had on the train also. We have a bunch of pictures up on Facebook for that day.

On June 23 we were able to take the boys to the fair in Anderson. This was a lot of fun. We went with my sister Daisha, Christina, my cousin dean, and then my little sister Devoney and her boyfriend plus some friends came also. The boys really loved riding the cars they had there and also this boat thing they had. The youngest got made a few times because he was to short to ride some of the rides, but that just meant that we took him on more truck rides and he was okay with that.

On June 29 I left for my European Heritage trip for people to people. I was gone for 20 days. It was so much fun and the trip was so neat. We traveled through six countries. We started in
London and then went on to see France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, and ended in
Switzerland. The whole time I was gone I missed my boys, but I had a lot of fun with the other leaders also. Next year I am scheduled to travel again and will be gone 19 days in three
countries. I will be going back to London and France, but I will get to see Italy this time. These trips are fun and the best part is that they are free for me. This makes seeing the world easier because the only money I need is for souvenirs and any extra snacks. The rest is included.

Now that I am home it feels great. My boys missed me and I sure missed them. Jarred picked me up from the airport and went to eat with some of the families of the students who were in my group. It was good but I was ready to be home by the time I got there. I unpacked and then went straight to bed. Jarred and I got up the next day and headed to my parents house because that's where the boys were. I stayed at my parents house until Saturday afternoon because I had to wait for my truck to be finished. Jarred left on Thursday and headed to his brothers house because he was going to a cubs game with them on Friday. On Friday my dad called around 5:45 and said he was going to the hospital. He had fallen off the back of his truck, he broke his wrist in three places and compressed his back so that L1 vertebrae was messed up. It was horrible seeing my dad in so much pain. He has never complained off pain to much and has never had to have someone take care of him. I'm super glad that I was already in Anderson because I was able to go to the hospital with my mom and sisters.

Now I am home and resting up. Pretty soon, like tomorrow, I will be heading to school to start stuff for the new school year. I am not ready to go

No comments:

Post a Comment